The Workforce Innovation and Opportuniy Act (WIOA) Dislocated Worker Program provides job driven employment, education, training and support services to workers who are unemployed and have lost a job through no fault of their own. The primary outcome for the program is to return dislocated workers to quality employment and to match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in our global economy. More information can be accessed at: www.esd.wa.gov
WIOA authorizes Dislocated Worker Grant Funds to:
- • Enhance the region's One-Stop delivery system (WorkSource).
- • Provide a range of Basic Career and Individualized Career Services to dislocated workers.
- • Provide training services including occupational skills training, on-the-job training, customized training, self employment training and incumbent worker training.
- • Provide Rapid Response to companies and workers facing layoffs to connect
- impacted workers with WorkSource services.
- • Develop, convene, and implement Industry or Sector Partnerships.
For additional information about the WIOA Dislocated Worker Program contact: